On this shoot, I realized a lot about my parents, their love for each other, their love for their country and also how much we are alike in my family. The main thing is that after all this time my parents love each other a whole, whole lot. I got to see and experience that first hand even amidst all the normal stuff that married folks go through. Some of the things that I got to see 😉 :
- those of us in my family that are extroverted talk a lot, dad being the chief extrovert
- dad talks with his hands
- mom loves order
- mom and dad are always thinking of what they can do to improve the quality of life for themselves and other
- my youngest brother gets his inability to put his hands down while talking from my dad 😉
- the older of my brothers acts like my dad in his mannerisms
- we enjoy simple beauty in nature
- mom is the green thumb of the family
- dad gets this look when he looks at mom that is so cool <3 <3 <3!
It was amazing to get to take photos of mom and dad as they experienced Mayfield Park for the very first time. Mom exclaiming about the beauty of the park and how she would like to create a place like it at home. Mom and dad breaking into genuine smiles after relaxing and just general comments and family memories. Dad’s facial expressions as he set me straight on a couple of things ;-). Getting to instigate those facial expressions.
All in all I am so grateful that I got to spend the time with my parents! I give God praise and thanks for time to be with my parents and just enjoy their company and record the time in photos.
Enjoy the photos!